Ice Cream or Big Macs?
You have the opportunity to purchase one of these franchises. Considering these two possible business opportunities, respond to the following questions.
What do the laws of supply and demand and the concepts of market competition suggest about running a Cold Stone Creamery franchise vs. a McDonald’s franchise? Which franchise would seem more attractive to you as a business, and why?
Considering the concepts of Corporate Social Responsibility and the various approaches to CSR that an organization can take, how do you feel ethically about the opportunity to own and run a McDonald’s franchise? What CSR approach would you take, and what are some practical ways you would demonstrate your CSR approach?
Cold Stone Creamery allows individuals, partnerships, corporations or limited Liability companies to purchase a franchise. McDonald’s only allows individuals (sole proprietorships) – no corporations and no partnerships (not even family members, apparently!). Considering the advantages and disadvantages of each form of business ownership, discuss how these requirements might make one of these franchises more or less attractive to you.
If you had the financial resources to purchase either one of these opportunities, which would you choose, and why? If you would choose not to pursue either, what would you prefer to do with the financial resources at your disposal?
Cold Stone Creamery
Franchise Fees: $12,000 to $27,000. Also, you pay 6% of gross sales (royalties) and 3% of gross sales (advertising fees)
Financial requirements: $100,000 liquid assets, and at least $250,000 net worth
Startup costs: $310,375 to $476,975
Training: 11 days
Average annual revenue: $350,000 to $400,000
Franchise Fee: $45,000, and 4% of gross sales (franchise), and 10.7% of sales (rent)
Financial requirements: at least $500,000 liquid assets
Startup costs: Between $1M and $2.2 Million (40% must be paid by franchisee in cash)
Training: 12-18 months
Average annual revenue: $2.7 Million
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25