You’re a research ecologist working on Pieris rapae in your lab. You are interested in whether or not the larvae of your species will eat non-native host plant species that are out of their native preference because they have been recently introduced to your state. You decide to run a leaf disc bioassay to understand caterpillar preference better when caterpillars have access to multiple non-native species. You choose to study their preference for the following non-native species; Ethiopian rapa (Brassica carinata), Common Blue-mustard (Chorispora tenella), Corn Mustard (Sinapis arvensis), and White Mustard (Sinapis alba). For your experiment, you use 350 – 4th instar caterpillars. The caterpillars are given a choice between leaf discs of all four plants Caterpillars that stay in the central area of the choice chamber are considered to have made”no choice.”
Here is the data from your experiment: (I don’t know the withheld number)
No-choice: [numbers withheld]
Ethiopian rapa: [numbers withheld]
Common Blue-mustard: [numbers withheld]
Corn Mustard: [numbers withheld]
White Mustard: [numbers withheld]
Use the χ2-test to determine whether these results are statistically significant. Please make sure to show your work. Next, explain whether you can reject your null hypothesis. Again, be sure to state your hypothesis and the null hypothesis. Finally, explain how you would interpret these results.
I appreciate your help in advance.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25