Diane has her home and personal property insured under an HO-3 policy and is covering the actual value of the home. She has no endorsements. Indicate whether each of the following losses is covered and indicate what section of the HO-3 policy supports your answer.
1. A fire damaged the home, destroying two of the end tables in the living room.
2. The fire also destroyed Diane’s fur coat, which was valued at $100,000, and her three computers, valued at $1,500.
3. The house sustained smoke damage from a nearby industrial plant.
4. A windstorm destroyed five trees in the large yard.
5. A windstorm caused a tree to fall on the roof. The roof is a total loss.
6. Diane’s dog bit a neighbor’s daughter.
7. Diane hurt her teammate while playing soccer. The teammate was in the hospital for three days.
8. During a skiing trip, Diane left the fireplace burning in her cabin when she went out. The cabin was destroyed in the fire.
9. Diane rented a snowmobile on the same trip and collided with a skier. He sued her for $50,000.
10. Diane is a self-employed dietician who works at home. A client sued her for $30,000.
11. Diane entertained members of her bridge club and served a wonderful buffet lunch. Three guests became ill and sued Diane for damages. The court awarded each $15,000.
In light of all the losses sustained by Diane, she asked you about improving her coverage.
What would you suggest that she do?
Think about everything that would improve her coverage using your newly acquired knowledge.
Pretend she did not cover the actual value of her home.
What would you suggest she do?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25