the deer forelimb, a taxon specialized for high speed terrestrial locomotion, Note that its humerus is short relative to the length of the radius and ulna, and that these latter two bones are fused together into a single element, with the radius much larger than the ulna and therefore the bone that is subjected to most of the force generated by terrestrial locomotion as the limb contacts the ground. Only two of the original five metacarpals and phalanges found in its generalized mammalian ancestor remain (we humans retain the original five metacarpals and phalanges), and the two metacarpals are greatly enlongated, enlarged, and fused into a single bone, with the forearm restricted to a pronated orientation (palm down, just like your dog or cat).
All of these specializations serve to greatly extend the length of the forearm and thereby increase the length of the load arm relative to that of the olecranon process, and represent adaptations for high speed running.
Consider the following statement: The forelimbs of many mammals have more highly specialized skeletal features for locomotion as compared to the relatively more generalized primates.
Part (A) List at least two specific skeletal features in the deer forelimb that support this statement
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25