Marriage and the Family
Read Chapter on Living Alone, Cohabiting, Same-Sex Unions, and Other Intimate Relationships.
The issue of cohabitation is a debated topic in terms of cultural acceptability and societal norms.
1. Write each question, then write your response. There are four specific questions that required your response. Write no less than 3 pages.
Based on your understanding of the reading and notes and some internet research –
a) What are your thoughts about cohabitation?
b) Is cohabitation a good thing or a negative thing?
c) What is the basis of your opinion (research) on cohabitation?
d) Is cohabitation a societal norm, cultural norm, or personal decision? Explain.
2. Review the alternatives to marriage below. Explain in no less than 200 words the similarities and differences between – Civil Union; Domestic Partnership and common law. –
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
ALTERNATIVES TO MARRIAGE:
This week's submission consists of two specific assignments and APA requirements
APA REQUIREMENT -
Course Materials: Lamanna, Mary Ann and Agnes Riedmann. Marriages and Families, 13th ed. Cengage, 2018.ISBN: 978-128573697-6
Heterogamy and Marital Stability
Differences in values and interests can result in a lack of mutual understanding.
Marriage may create conflict between the partners and parents, relatives and friends.
High divorce rate may reflect that the partners have less conventional values
People tend to marry people of similar race, age, education, religious background, and social class.
Endogamy: marrying within one’s social group.
Exogamy: marrying outside one’s group.
Heterogamy, marrying someone dissimilar in race, age, education, religion, or social class.
Reasons for Homogamy
Live in close proximity.
Culture encourages people to marry others similar to themselves.
People are more comfortable with others from similar backgrounds.
People want to strike a fair exchange.
Examples of Heterogamy
LECTURE NOTES – COURTSHIP
Patterns of Courtship (not limited to the items below; courtship also depends on one's cultural experiences)
1. Physical Dating –sex/no sex
2. Virtual dating
3. Online chatting
5. Telephone conversation
7. Writing letters
8. Sending Gifts
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25