A motor car needs petrol and air in order to move. It produces waste gases.
a Which characteristics of living organisms are similar to those of a motor car?
b Why is a car not a living organism?
A. Feel the bones in your own arm. Try to identify the bones shown on the diagram of the human arm. Put one hand on your lower arm and turn your lower arm over and back. You should be able to feel one bone twisting over the other.
B. Each of the vertebrates shown has carpals, metacarpals and phalanges. Name three other bones shared by all three vertebrates.
C. Describe how the metacarpals of the horse differ from those of the human.
D. How do the phalanges of the bat differ from those of the human?
E. Complete these sentences: The human arm, the horse’s front leg and the bat’s wing are described as ____________________ structures. The wing of the bat and the wing of a fly are described as _____________________ structures.
In this activity you will see how an artificial classification works on the basis of using pairs of options; for example, yes/no has/has not in/out.
If it is not one thing then it must be the other! Look at this list of organisms: fish whale seal duck house-fly bat eagle owl mosquito In your notebook divide these organisms into the following artificial groups.
1 Those organisms that can fly.
2 Those organisms that fly only at night.
3 Those organisms that swim.
4 A category of your choice
write two reasons why living organisms are classified into groups.
Use your knowledge about classification system to classify a lion into kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus and species. Look at the following three scientific names:
(i) Merluccius Capensis
(ii) homo sapiens
(iii) Olea capensis
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25