Summarize in your own words the use of two different enzymes for industrial applications. You might want to consider, but are not limited to, the following areas: cleaning, paper making, tanning, alcohol production, cheese & bread making, and medicine.
Enzyme Name #1: #2:
Uses of enzyme
Sources of enzyme
Risks or Concerns
List of Valid Sources (Bibliography):
For each enzyme, you will need to identify:
The name of the enzyme
What is the enzyme used for – how are the products used; what is the purpose of this reaction?
The substrate and products of the reaction catalyzed by that enzyme
The source of the enzyme – where does it come from? (for industry)
Advantages of using the enzyme over other methods – more efficient, higher yields, less waste, etc.
Discuss any risks or concerns associated with using the enzyme, especially to living systems and to the environment
Areas to consider in searching for your enzyme examples:
The dairy industry – the process of making cheese through milk coagulation; breaking down lactose in milk
The starch processing industry – such as starches into glucose syrups
The cleaning industry – to remove stains
The leather industry – to soften hides and clean them
The pulp and paper industry – to enhance bleaching and “de-ink” pulp
The textile industry – in stone washing and the softening of cotton
Production of alcohol or drugs
Pharmaceutical supplements to treat digestive system disorders or as food supplements to promote health.
please use your own words.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25