only one correct answer per question
What was the result of Figure 3?
Only the neo recombinant AAV was replicated in the KB cells with the help of the Ad2 helper virus.
Both recombinant AAV viruses were capable of replication without the help of the Ad2 Adenovirus.
Both the neo and dhfr recombinant AAV were replicated in the KB cells with the help of the Ad2 helper virus.
Neither recombinant AAV virus was replicated.
What was the purpose of constructing a recombinant AAV with the Lambda phage genome?
They wanted to see if they could package the AAV genome into Lambda phage particles
They wanted to see if they could get this bacteriophage to replicate in mammalian cells.
They wanted to use Lambda phage proteins as markers in Western blots
They wanted to construct a recombinant AAV that expressed the capsid proteins that was too large to package.
How did they attempt to produce recombinant AAV virus particles carrying the neo or dhfr genes?
They co-infected human cells with the neo and dhfr AAVs
They infected E. coli with the pBR322 clones.
They co-infected human cells with the neo or dhfr AAVs along with the Lambda AAV clone plus the Ad2 help virus.
How did they titer the wild-type virus used as a control in the recombinant AAV production experiment shown in Figure 4?
They measured AAV genomic DNA by a Southern blot (DNA-DNA hybridization).
They stained cells with an immunofluorescent antibody to detect cells making AAV proteins.
They counted viral particles (virions) by electron microscopy.
What is the result of Figure 4? (see figure above)
Only the dhfr recombinant AAV could be produced.
The recombinant AAV viruses could be packaged when the capsid genes were provided in trans by another AAV virus.
The neo and dhfr recombinant AAVs could not be produced and packaged since they lacked the capsid genes.
Use of adeno-associated virus as a mammalian DNA cloning vector: Transduction of neomycin resistance into mammalian tissue culture cells
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25