The dominant color of the Syrian hamster is golden. Hamsters that are G.G. or Gg show the golden phenotype. Black is the recessive version of the G allele; therefore, its genotype is gg. Black is a mutation of golden that turns all of the hamster’s pigment to black pigment, except the paws and sometimes random chest/chin white markings. Suppose that you sample a population of 444 hamsters. Your sample gave you the following numbers: 128 golden and 316 black. Assume two alleles control that color at a single locus.
Calculate the frequencies of the two alleles assuming the population is in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium.
Calculate the frequencies of the heterozygous genotype, assuming that heterozygotes are golden and that the population is in Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium.
You are concerned that this population is tiny and golden hamsters prefer to mate with black hamsters. Use the χ2-test to determine whether this population of hamsters shows any effect of genetic drift or sexual selection. Be sure to state the null and the alternative hypotheses.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25