For this discussion, I decided to choose question #1: What exactly is Empiricism? Please provide specific examples to support your answer.
From my understanding of the lesson on Empiricism, I can relate it to the saying "Never judge a book by its cover". Like it was stated in the history of Empiricism, appearances can be deceiving and they usually are. Having an actual experience of something or someone will show you it's/their true colors and/or give you a more accurate understanding of it. If anyone knows this, I do because there have been many instances where I judged something or someone based off looks from a distance or other people's opinions instead of my own. People have even told me that their first impression of me was completely different than when they actually got to know me.
Empiricism is knowledge based solely on experience and observation (sensory perception). I can also use this as an example as to why I had my opinion on the last lesson we covered on Descartes and his belief in there being a God. You can never really KNOW or understand something until you can trace it back to something you have experienced. John Locke came up with the conclusion that the mind is an "empty slate" and that all knowledge comes from experience over time. It makes sense because a few examples to think about would be: How would you know that snow is cold without actually touching or feeling it? How does a child know that fire is hot until they touch it?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25