Read the following case studies and search for the guidelines that answers the specific questions?
A 54-year-old woman with chronic pain due to inflammatory arthritis presents to your clinic stating that she is having a “flare” of her arthritis but is out of her Oxycontin® and immediate-release oxycodone. She is aware that it is too early to fill her prescriptions, but she insists that she will be traveling out of state and “really needs” her medications.
Question: How do you Approach This Patient in the community setting?
What is the implications of prescribing this medication? Please provide evidence.
A 27-year-old woman on buprenorphine-naloxone (Suboxone®) for treatment of opioid dependence is admitted to the hospital with severe abdominal pain due to a perforated gastric ulcer. She received hydromorphone in the ED, and is urgently taken to the operating room. Postoperatively, she is on a patient-controlled analgesic (PCA) pump containing fentanyl. Her last dose of buprenorphine-naloxone was 20 h prior to the surgery; her daily dose is 16 mg.
Question: How can Pain be Managed in Patients who are Taking Buprenorphine-Naloxone? What Adjustments to her Medication Regimen can be Recommended?
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25