Health History – Building a Health History
Review the screening tools found in the Learning Resources and consider how you might use an app or tool to assist in screening. (SEE ATTACHMENT)
Review the media programs related to a vaginal eval, pap test, and breast eval.
Review the health history guide and consider how you would create your own script for building a complete health history.
Provide all the components of a complete gynecologic health history. Include considerations for special populations such as LGBTQ+ individuals. (SEE ATTACHMENT)
What health maintenance guidelines should be included for initial and follow up might be needed for follow-up assessments? (i.e., bone density test, Gardasil vaccine, shingles, etc.)?
What questions would you consider in your patient’s complete health history?
Example, ONLY What is your patient’s living situation? Do they have stairs? Do they live by themselves? Do they have a working refrigerator?
Develop your own script for building a complete health history and as you create your script, consider the difficult questions you want to include in your script. There is no sample template to provide to you. (Utilize chapter 6 of your Schuiling textbook to provide guidance). You are the one to develop the script. Think of it as you are writing a movie and you need to write the script for the movie. What lines would you provide for the actor to utilize when sitting down with a patient to perform a COMPLETE Medical History which also entails those DIFFICULT GYN questions. You do not need to provide the answers to the questions however, if you find that beneficial, you may do so.
Create: (1- to 2-page reflection)
In addition to your script for building a health history for this assignment, include a separate section called “Reflection” that includes the following:
A brief summary of your experiences in developing and implementing your script during your health history.
Explanations of what you might find difficult when asking these questions. What you found insightful and what would you say or do differently.
Please note: This assignment requires an actual script to be developed – not just a list of topics you would cover. I want to see how you would word the questions and the specific questions you would include in your assessment.
Please be sure to include a reflection that explores your development of that script.
· American Academy of Family Physicians. (2021, August ). Adult preventive health care schedule: recommendations from the USPSTF.Links to an external site. American Family Physician. https://www.aafp.org/dam/AAFP/documents/journals/afp/USPSTFHealthCareSchedule2021.pdf
· American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). (n.d.). Well-Woman Health CareLinks to an external site. . https://www.acog.org/topics/well-woman-health-care?utm_source=redirect&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=otn
· Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2014). Guide to Clinical Preventive Services, 2014 .Links to an external site. https://www.ahrq.gov/prevention/guidelines/guide/index.html
· U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (n.d.). A guide to taking a sexual history .Links to an external site. https://www.cdc.gov/std/treatment/SexualHistory.pdf
ADULT GERONTOLOGY RESOURCES
· Shifren, J. L., & Gass, M. L. S. (2014). The North American Menopause Society Recommendations for Clinical Care of Midlife Women.Links to an external site. The Journal of The North American Menopause Society, 21(10), pp. 1-25. http://www.menopause.org/docs/default-source/2014/nams-recomm-for-clinical-care.pdf
RESOURCES FOR LGBTQ+
· Aisner, A. J., Zappas, M., & Marks, A. (2020). Primary Care for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer/Questioning (LGBTQ) PatientsLinks to an external site. . The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 16(4), 281–285. https://go.openathens.net/redirector/waldenu.edu?url=https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2019.12.011
· Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP). (2020, April 18). Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender health. Links to an external site. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/lesbian-gay-bisexual-and-transgender-health
· Wingo, E., Ingraham, N., & Roberts, S. C. M. (2018). Reproductive Health Care Priorities and Barriers to Effective Care for LGBTQ People Assigned Female at Birth: A Qualitative StudyLinks to an external site. . Women’s Health Issues, 28(4), 350–357. https://go.openathens.net/redirector/waldenu.edu?url=https://doi.org/10.1016/j.whi.2018.03.002
APPS FOR COMMON SCREENINGS
The following common screening apps will require a download or install into your personal device for you to access. Note: Should you have any technical issues, you will need to contact the rightsholder of the app itself and not Walden Student Support for any assistance.
· Alvar-Gonzalez, J. (2020). iContraception.Links to an external site. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.itiox.icontraception&hl=en_US
Note: This download is available for Android devices only.
· ITIOX Technologica S.L. (2020). iContraception.Links to an external site. https://apps.apple.com/us/app/icontraception/id668520861
Note: This download is available for iOS devices only.
· Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ). (n.d.). ePSS Electronic Preventive Services Selector.Links to an external site. https://epss.ahrq.gov/PDA/index.jsp
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2020). CDC Vaccine Schedules.Links to an external site. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/schedules/hcp/schedule-app.html#download
Note: This webpage will provide you with downloads for both iOS and Android Devices.
· Nurse Practitioners in Women’s Health. (n.d.). Well Woman Visit Mobile App Links to an external site. . https://npwh.org/page/mobile-app
CLINICAL GUIDELINE RESOURCES
· American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG).Links to an external site. (2020). https://www.acog.org/
· American Cancer Society, Inc. (ACS). (2020). Information and Resources about for Cancer: Breast, Colon, Lung, Prostate, Skin. Links to an external site. https://www.cancer.org/
· Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (CDC).Links to an external site. (n.d.). https://www.cdc.gov/
· American Nurses Association (ANA).Links to an external site. (n.d.). https://www.nursingworld.org/
· The American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).Links to an external site. (2020). https://www.aanp.org/
· HealthyPeople 2030. (2020). Healthy People 2030 Framework .Links to an external site. https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/About-Healthy-People/Development-Healthy-People-2030/Framework
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25