Implicit bias, which we all have, impacts critical and creative thinking. Identifying these biases in our values is a large part of this course because it impacts each and every decision we make in our lives…including our workplaces. As leaders it is imperative you are aware of this issue and its impact on thinking, behavior, and change.
Watch the following 16 minute TED talk with author Melanie Funchess and answer the questions below. Ms. Funchess is Director of Community Engagement for the Mental Health Association for Rochester, New York.
The speaker talks about "transformational activism" which includes:
1. Call yourself on your own stuff.
2. Make connections with people not like you.
3. Use privilege to create equity.
4. Intentionally engage in non-biasing activities.
Identify an incident from your workplace where leaders made a decision or engaged in a behavior/action that you believe stemmed from the implicit bias of those leaders in some way. What was the result of that decision and how could a more comprehensive decision have been made to avoid the pitfalls associated with implicit bias?
Note: Later in the course you will engage in an assignment that identifies some of your "most important values" and how those values guide and hinder your critical thinking.
We are a professional custom writing website. If you have searched a question and bumped into our website just know you are in the right place to get help in your coursework.
Yes. We have posted over our previous orders to display our experience. Since we have done this question before, we can also do it for you. To make sure we do it perfectly, please fill our Order Form. Filling the order form correctly will assist our team in referencing, specifications and future communication.
1. Click on the “Place order tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
2. Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER INFORMATION" section and click “PRICE CALCULATION” at the bottom to calculate your order price.
3. Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
4. Click “FINAL STEP” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
5. From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.
Need help with this assignment?
Order it here claim 25% discount
Discount Code: SAVE25